Thursday 20 October 2011

Digital Painting

I recently applied for a placement at a games company and got a response saying I need to show more digital work i.e. more photoshop/flash/illustrator artwork.

So, I'm going to try and push myself in those areas when I can starting now. This blog needs a banner and my work in progress web-comic needs some concept art.

Attempting to kill 3 birds with one stone I'm going to post stages of me digitally painting the banner for this blog which will feature a character and environment from said WIP webcomic!

Here's my first stage where I've started blocking in the character and background in grayscale using custom brushes.


I'll have a look at it tomorrow with some fresh eyes and probably move some things around a bit before more blocking in and refining the shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment