Wednesday 1 May 2013

More Procedural Textures

Been playing around some more with procedural metals in Maya today. 

Here are the latest attempts. Getting a bit better but I still can't get the procedural scratches the way I want them for the specular input. Both of these are with a Phong shader.



Also tried swapping to a mia_material_x. Lot better results however there's no option for using specular textures as its a realistic material. I tried plugging the specular nodes I'd made into the glossiness input and it gave a cool dirty old metal look, which tbh will probably get used for some quick texturing of background objects. I'm still trying to figure out the brushed metal look for now though. It's driving me crazy because I know it will be possible.








Taking a break from this now and doing some vector illustration work. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment