Sunday 18 December 2011

Emotional Walk Character Animation

This is an animation created in After Effects with the intention of showing a character with 2 distinct emotional walks.



Background and character were painted in Photoshop.

I think I managed to convey the 2 emotions clearly although I would have liked some parts of the animation to be smoother like the transition between the emotions.

I found it quite frustrating animating the character like this in after effects. There was a lot to consider for each part of the body that was moving so it involved a lot of thinking. 

I didn't find it intuitive at all. I also thought editing the key frames was really footery. Having said that it's a powerful program that I want to learn more about. I can see how useful it could be in other circumstances. I'm not sure it's so suited for this type of character animation.



No comments:

Post a Comment