Saturday 1 December 2012

Film Done!

Finally rendered out our film for this semester! 

This last week was mental. We had everything tightly organised all through the project and managed to get to the last week less than a week behind schedule which was ok. We had stuck to the production schedule for most of the semester quite well up until about week 8 or 9 where we had some problems with the bird, bird rig and some texturing fixes on the town.

Monday and Tuesday - all was going swimingly we were on target to get everything rendered out by Thursday and have the film finished on Friday.

Then the computers collectively said "no". Textures wouldn't load, wrong files rendered, tiny unnoticed mistakes called for complete re-renders of scenes. Complete shambles.

I feel like I haven't stopped working since Tuesday. I've almost woke up nd started working until it was time to go to bed everyday since then going on about 4 hours sleep a night. I'm absolutely exhausted.

But I am extremely happy with what we have achieved. I was happy that Bravestar worked out so well at the end of second year and I'm even happier that I've managed to progress further this semester. The short is a lot better in terms of quality and what was achieved in the time frame, I've learned an awful lot about working in 3D which was fairly new to me before beginning other than the maya classes form second year and I am starting to feel comfortable getting what I want from people working with me as "director".

I've still got bits and bobs to do for the maya class but nothing too taxing. I should have everything ready in time for submission on Monday morning. Very much looking forward to some downtime for a few days over the Christmas period. 

Back to rendering!

No comments:

Post a Comment