Monday 21 January 2013

Ninjas

Gary and I have had an idea for a story about some ninjas for a few years now and have never had time to get anywhere with it beyond making up an epic story over beers and doing a few character designs. 

We decided to model the guys up in maya for our character rigging animation classes this semester. 

Here's a look at Riku so far. 

I tried realistic textures first and it looked absolutely hideous, so after some looking around I found some tutorials on Toon shaders for maya and have been messing around with them.







***UPDATE***

Just kept going with this tonight and got it to a pretty finished state. I want to still have a look at paint effects brushes for the lines and see if I can clean it up a little more but I'm pretty happy with him for a first go with toon shaders and looking forward to doing some rigging!









No comments:

Post a Comment