Sunday 17 February 2013

Update

So much for updating weekly. After new year and Christmas I sort of lost my work ethic. The first month of this semester was awful. I felt like I was putting everything off, doing bear minimum work. I felt like my pitch for the honours year film was pretty ropey, didn't do nearly enough concept work etc... etc... On the plus side, I was sleeping really well.

Well the work ethic has returned. Been getting through loads. Did a bit of work on my 3d hand trying to learn how to do sub surface scattering.


The bugs in the model still annoy me but this was more of an exercise in learning how to set up the shading networks and so I can try and make a full human model.

I finally finished pencilling the first page of the new Book of Nemus comic, a personal project I've been working on in my free time (lol) for the last few years. I'd gotten 40 pages done before around 2006-2008 before deciding to call it quits and go back to square one due to my horrible lack of writing talent. I'm much happier with the scripts and development work this time and the page is looking great.


I'll get it painted and lettered ASAP and set up a new blog for it.

Work on the divided is moving on well as well. Very happy with the work everyone has done for it so far and the storyboards seemed to go down quite well at last weeks production meeting. 

Got our peer review pitch coming up next week for which I'll need to properly prepare the presentation. I'm usually ok and confident in knowing enough about the work we have to just go up and talk but I think this time I don't want to leave anything to chance. Wee bit nervous about it for a change as well. Guess that means I want it to be successful and well received.




Riku and Taro are textured now and rigging is in progress. I showed Tone tonight how to set up the toon shaders in Maya so hopefully she'll have Rin done some time this week. It's going to be awesome having them rigged. I really think we'll end up making a short animation with them as well over the next year.

Lastly, I got the graphics for the slenderman mobile game done as well.


Really pleased with how it turned out. The grayscale style works really well for it.

Well, thats it. Its 215 AM and I am typing a blog instead of sleeping. Least I'm working loads again...

Just need to keep this work ethic up for the next 15 months. Piece of cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment