Monday 15 April 2013

Last post before end of semester.

Almost there! Spent last night putting together half of our production bible for The Divided with Scott. It's looking tasty! Really pleased with it so far. Should get the rest done tonight and be ready to print it as soon as we get the last of our updated storyboards in.


Was a pretty tough job wading through all the concept work we have on the blog. I think we managed to get most of it in.

I kind of got Nuria's Matte painting done and I am pleased with it but I really struggled getting it to the level of finish I wanted. I got to a certain point and started feeling like it wasn't getting better in anymore and I was just adding more and more paint.

Anyway, here it is. I need to see it comped with the 3D animation to see if any other areas need changed. Saw a rough comp with an earlier version yesterday and it looked fine perspective wise, which was a bit of a concern before. The colours might need a little tweaking but are fairly close. What I am concerned about is that the large stormy area in the sky will be the only bit visible when the camera hits street level. Know idea how that will affect the scene. Should find out tonight.


Gary and I had another couple of freelance jobs on as well. One for game art and one character design. It's nice to get these wee jobs for the $$$ but they always appear at the least beneficial times :D




1 week left before hand in. I've still got to fix the storyboards for Papa. They will need some quite extensive changes. I also want to finish blocking out my animation of Riku and Taro for the Maya class and finish painting Book of Nemus page 1. It's getting there slowly but surely. Panel 1 and Panel 3 are more refined from last time. 


I managed to get the paint effects trees concept done for Papa last week. Fairly pleased with how it looks. I reckon with some proper lighting and some good compositing work this method will work nicely for populating the backgrounds of the forest in the film. They are ridiculously fast to render too.




 This one has a bit of photoshop work for the background.


So yeah, hopefully I can get through the tasks I have left before hand in next week. Some long days ahead hehe.




No comments:

Post a Comment