Tuesday 19 November 2013

Blake Jacket

Been texturing Blakes Jacket for Papa for the Tunnel of trees scene as its affectionately known. Some renders!




I used Photoshop, Mudbox and maya procedurals for the textures. I'm starting to go off Mudbox though, Importing and Exporting maps frequently seems (no pun intended) to create lots of visible seams on the textures. I'll look into using PSD files with mudbox and if not I think Ill abandon it for Mari for texturing purposes in the future.

I also experimented a little with Maya Fur for the collar. The results weren't very good and time is of the essence so I had to go with a bump map ( made from noise in photoshop). I think the combination of the bump and diffuse are working quite well though. I'm interested to see how it looks when it is nclothed.

No comments:

Post a Comment