Monday 18 November 2013

Week 11

Last week was a good week for the film. Scene 9 part 1 is fully rendered, comped and looking excellent. We added some subtle camera movements to the shot that really have helped give it a bit of life. Shot 2 for the scene is in the render farm today. When that comes out we should be near our 10% of the film for December deadline.

Rob is fully rigged and textured now. Here's some renders of the textures.




We'll be setting up any scenes featuring just Rob or Rob and Six for animating this week. It's quite exciting stage to be at as we can hopefully start to see a lot of scenes becoming more complete now.

Texturing wise, I am finding it difficult to keep on top of what I have to texture for the divided when I have to also be texturing on another film. I think I will be pushing to complete my texture tasks on Papa ASAP to get them out of the way so that I can focus on my own film.

Luckily Birte, Mark and Jack are up for doing some texture work on Divided as well so that is relieving some of the pressure.

The other thing I did this week was UV Blake for Papa.

Here's some of the UV's. I realised after doing Anna that the way I had cut the head up was causing problems. There were seams around the mouth and ears and extra seams on the head where they didn't need to be.






With Anna this caused me a headache and hours of extra work painting out seams on different layers of the texture. 

Here is the Anna Skin UVs for comparison. And a version where I fixed it a bit and repainted all the ear and mouth textures after moving the UVs around. 

The original UV's where the mouth and ear are separate.
Updated with the mouth and ears UVs stitched to the head UVs

I'm hoping the way I've done Blake here I have no issues that way. My only concern here is that some areas like the ears and lips will have less texture space than they require.

I'll get some textures on him this week to test it out.





The arm might look a bit strange here in that I don't have the seam running right down the back and along the edge of the hand. I did it this way because the edge flow of the model sort of twisted round the arm from the hand and to have the seam running along the side of the hand would have meant having it running in areas that I didn't want. I will be texturing in mudbox or mari anyway but it will make life a bit easier to have seams in places they are least likely to be noticeable as well.

Same goes for the way I have cut the trousers up here although in this case I am not sure if it will be effective/ necessary or not since they have a natural seam there anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment