Monday 2 December 2013

Axis

I'm heading to Glasgow on Wednesday to present some of my work to Axis Animation in the hopes that I can be mentored by them next semester. Pretty awesome opportunity!

I spent this weekend trying to do some extra work for it. I decided to rework something I made about a year ago when I was first learning to use Mudbox. It would give me a good base to start on and save some time plus I got to skip some of the less interesting stuff and get straight into sculpting!






At some stage along the way the displacement map beefed him up a good bit. I missed it at the time so I'm not sure what caused it.

Very happy with the results compared to the original attempt. It's interesting to see how I've improved. There are still areas I'd like to spend more time on but unfortunately I'm out of time for this right now. Maybe I'll return to it in a year and make another one :)

This is the original sculpt from over a year ago. I took the base mesh from here, stripped out the bones and spines and rebuilt them all as separate geometry then sculpted it and textured again.







No comments:

Post a Comment