Friday 30 May 2014

Maya Hair

3d Hair :/ 


I've been struggling to find a way to get hair that matches the look of the rest of the model. It's something I would like to learn more about in the future but for now I think I am starting to get somewhere with maya nhair/paint effects.

I think if i had a more powerful computer I could get this looking quite good. I've gone through a lot of trial and error and it seems to be the best results come from having different layers of hair curves rather than just one layer which makes it look quite flat. But for now if I add too many hairs to the clumps or too many curves the thing crashes at render.


I had to raytrace the shadows as well as for some reason depth map shadows caused a fatal error when i tried to render.

Anyhoo, I think I am going to leave it like this for the time being and get on with texturing the last bits and bobs.

Hopefully Gary will rig him for me otherwise I'll be hitting the rigging tutorials  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment