Tuesday 29 July 2014

Dare 2014 Week 6/7

Pretty much in the last week now. We've a couple days next week but that'll mostly be for last minute preparations. We'll have a decent build by the end of this week with everything we wanted to include implemented in time for Protoplay. In the last couple of weeks I've been mainly focusing on getting all the extra UI/screen info ready and working on the game trailer. Here's the game trailer first.




Wish I could say I've enjoyed the UI design anywhere near as much as the character design but I can't. It's something I always feel I struggle with and this lot has been no exception.

Here's the last model I completed at the start of week six. We put this up on twitter around that time but I've since fixed the roof  which was way too large. I couldn't see it til it was pointed out! Was a strange one.





Theres a couple more small bits and bobs to add to this one too but this is almost all the 3d stuff we will have in the game for Protoplay in one shot.



I finished up the start screen today Quite happy with the overall look. Shortpaw will be the 3D model with some animation over final screen. This was mostly created using existing models obviously with a couple of extras modelled and textured then the whole thing was comped in Photoshop with extra painting on top to tidy up some areas, add depth and add a bit extra detail to some parts.


I made most of the UI over a mocked up shot of the game so I could get an idea how it was going to look in-game.



The icon is a bit of a failure actually. The initial one on the left here was way to busy for an app icon. I sort of hope we get some other use out of it. Even with the gradient fading out the background I think it's a bit weak. If I get a chance I'll have another crack at it before the weekend. 



Below is a bunch of the UI and game asset stuff I made. All done with Photoshop.













No comments:

Post a Comment