Wednesday 20 August 2014

Moving on.

I got to do some life drawing last night in Glasgow for the first time since University life drawing classes finished in April. It was great to get back into it. I'll definitely be going every week I can - I realised I really missed just drawing since most of the summer was spent working in Maya and Photoshop. 


I also got the chance to do some animation for one of the Masters films at DJCAD. This is the first time I've animated in a couple of years and it scratched an itch. I'd been wanting to do a bit more for a while but hummed and hawed about doing it when I had so much other stuff to work on so getting the chance to do it as part of a project helping Lilly out on her film was fantastic. 

I've more or less decided I'll be doing little bits of animation here and there now and have been watching what tutorials I can on Digital Tutors before it expires.

Here's the shot I did for "Tug of Biscuit."



"Lapin", sadly, is on the backburner 'til we all can find some work. It's not going to take much more to finish it and get it releasable on the app store but right now it just isn't the number one priority.

Other than that I have mostly been getting set up back home and looking for work. 

I'm planning to have a good think about what's next creatively. 

I've got a few ideas for various things I'd like to try and what skills I want to focus on developing further. But I think I really need to narrow it down further to one or two things.

I also think I have found some inspiration for my next story. It feels good. After completing the Divided I was a bit lost on what to do next because that story was so personal to me for a long time and I'd spent years mulling it over in my head and developing it. After completing it, it felt that there was something missing from me. I don't know how else to describe it :) But something clicked the other day and I think I'm on to something!

We shall see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment