Tuesday 27 January 2015

Jan 2015

I've still been doing freelance games work I can't post unfortunately/fortunately. It's been a nice mix of low poly modelling and something a bit different. It looks like it's going to continue for the next few months as well which is great. Hopefully I can post some of the work up soon.

I discovered Manga studio over the Christmas holidays - what an amazing program for doing comics.

I'd had a script from a friends (Chris McKenna) short story for a while that I'd wanted to draw as a comic. I edited it into a comic script over the hols and started working on it early in the new year. Here are the first pages done completely in Manga studio 5.

I will be working on this when I can over the next few months as I'd love to get it printed. It's a great wee all complete story in 20 odd pages.

I got started on a bit more Lapin work this week. It's been sitting on the shelf since October last year but with different things happening it seems a good time to crack on with it again.







In my free time I've still be messing about with 3D hair. These are some really hideous renders of my first go with xgen, ignore the beard with default settings... (I've finally admitted defeat and given up on Maya hair- it's truly awful) in Maya 2015. 

I'll find a bit of time soon to add some extra flair to it and see what I think. If I can get it looking decent for Saltire and all his hairy goodness Augustus should be a piece of cake with his wee tuft of hair on top.




I also got back to the life drawing now that I have a bit more of a routine again (til the next deadline crunch lol). Just a couple. The first ones I did were mega ropey. Theres were a bit better.



No comments:

Post a Comment