Saturday 3 October 2015

June-Aug 2015

I just finished up helping Gary out on a games project. This one I found much more enjoyable to do. I got to do some animation on it as well which was an interesting experience! I spent most of my time at university doing everything but animation and most that I had done had been 2D hand drawn but once I got into the swing of things I started to enjoy the process.

Here are some of the character designs for the game. I modeled, textured these guys, the fight arena and animated most the alien fight sequences with the other characters.









And some of the environment concepts with a render of the finished model.



 


In amongst all the freelance work I made this storyboard for a 3D animation. I'm not sure when it'll be animated but I really like the start of it and am particularly happy with how a couple of the shots turned out. I definitely want to do more storyboards like this future.


I've also put together a new showreel which can be viewed below and done a couple of storyboard art tests also linked below.



Showreel



Jam Media Test



Cartoon Network Test


I've still been plugging away with some comic work too. Here are some pages. I've been working in a bunch of different styles as you can see!







   
At the end of last year I worked on a 3D version of Top Trumps Turbo. Below is a bunch of concept work and screenshots of the models. The game was released on Steam earlier this summer. It was a good experience to follow on from Dare last summer and was nice to see a game through to completion and have it released.
















No comments:

Post a Comment