Sunday 11 February 2018

Jan-Feb 2018

It has been so  long since I posted an update that this will be quite a long entry. 

Last time I posted I was just finishing Semester 1 of the comics masters course at Dundee University. 

I've updated my Website and Instagram with a bunch of images.

I can't post much of the lost legionnaire as it's being published soon by Comichaus. Here's a couple panels. It's a horror story about a Roman Legion getting trapped in a mysterious forest full of demons. This project was a great chance to write and draw a comic on my own. I enjoyed the freedom of controlling the pacing from the script and not just the page layouts. I also am quite fond of this style of rendering. I think it's very me.




After completing the lost legionnaire I started working on Unity, a superhero comic for the main project of the masters degree. The idea was to do some sort of riff on 90's style x-men comics. 

Anyway here are some of the pages.









It was optional to do some comic pages for most of the essays on the course. Here is the one I did for the Superhero module featuring "The Phantom". Got good marks for this :D









And this is another completed for an essay about Flash Gordon written by Dom Archer. 





Right after completing the course I did the 2000AD art competition at thought bubble and got second place. I was well chuffed. Here are the pages I produced for it.




Unfortunately I was pushed for time to get these done and it shows. Ideally I'd have liked the inking to have been as consistant and an improvement on what I did with 'The Lost Legionnaire'. What I ended up with is some sort of mish mash of styles between that and the unity project I had just finished. Still, second place is no bad. 

Since graduating I have worked on a short comic called Children of the Well for the Inkpot studio anthology and They Came From Planet Earth issue 2 and 3. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment