Friday 20 January 2017

The Lost Legionnaire

I'm just starting semester two of the Comics and Graphic Novels Masters Degree at Dundee Uni. The first semester was brilliant. I learned a lot, (way more than I expected to) particularly in the critical approaches module where we really got into the nuts and bolts of how comics actually work. I think I have managed to apply some of that knowledge to my comics pages and look forward to improving further in future projects. 

The Science fiction module was also cracking. We had a good look at the origins of science fiction strips from adaptations of Frankenstein and 20,000 Leagues under the Sea right through Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon strips to 2000 AD and to modern day science fiction comics. Every lecture so far has been fantastic. I can't wait to get stuck into semester two where I'll be in the Superheroes and Comics and Film modules. Brilliant.

Anyways, here is the comic I produced for the Comics Creation module last semester. I went for black and white because I prefer it but also because this took ages to do and I am not confident at colouring. I'll be doing my dissertation project next semester in colour as that's something I want to address.


 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment