Wednesday 20 March 2013

Got Some Stuff DONE!

Ahhh feels good to finish a few things. Best part of a semsester other than the end. Got Riku rigged and animated him walking. Really happy with it. The walk animation could do with some more work but im ok with it for a first go.



Also got a competition entry finished that I was working on for ages. Not supposed to show it I think but I'll put up a panel anyway cause i'm naughty ehehehehe.




I think everyone is getting a bit stressed out with work. I've had to reschedule a couple of meetings cause folks just couldn't manage them. Guess this will be the way it is for the next year :D Still things are going fairly well. Character designs are done for The Divided and I think also for Papa so I'll be up to my neck in storyboards next week. I've been holding off for the character designs so I can make the boards look really good for the production bibles. They'll probably make up a large chunk of my work this semester as well so I want them to be shiny.

Still plodding on with ship concepts for the Divided. Turns out after last production meeting people had loads of great ideas for how it would have landed so it was back to the drawing board. To be fair, they are good ideas and I haven't tried much different in the way the ship would lie so it's not a big deal and will be for the best.

Here's my latest sketch for the ship. Still not 100% on it. Hopefully Gary or Amit come up with something I like better.




I'm looking forward to getting the production bible finished. I want to get into the 3d stage and start to focus on what Ill be modelling over the summer. Likely the crash site and workshop exterior. I've got vague ideas of how to go about it. I left most of the modelling to other folk last semester so it'll be a nice learning experience. I'll also be working on my own projects as well. I want to play around with texturing a bit so I'm modelling a realistic human for that. And have various other things on the go.


No comments:

Post a Comment