Tuesday 11 February 2014

11/02/14

This week: Saltire got updated. Spent most of Sunday working out why the displacement map had giant areas that weren't being displaced. In the end I'm not sure I "fixed" it but just used a higher level of the mesh as the base. So instead of my base model having a delightful 5000 polys it now has about 80000. Shame, but won't affect my plans much. I'm pretty much ready to dive into the painting now. It's all set up in MARI and ready to go, the shaders are all set up with texture files layered properly to use the multitile UV space. 



It was a good week for sculpting! Got the creator all sculpted up and ready to paint as well. Quite pleased with the general look.





Gun textures are done. Not the greatest things in the world and I wasn't happy to leave at that in terms of quality but it's more than detailed enough for how small it is in the shots it's in. I also messed around with cutout opacity and additional colour on the mia shader. The illuminated parts actually have a light plugged into them and creating the glow at render time rather than post. Scott might well ditch this in comp but it was fun to play around with.



Matte paintings. Woo. Had fun doing this. A lot more of these to come in the near future.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment